Terms & conditions of business for the introduction of candidates
These terms and conditions are effective from: 1 December 2017:
“The Consultancy” means Cria Talent Ltd
“Appointment Fee” means the charge made by the consultancy pursuant to the permanent appointment.
“Candidate” means the person introduced by the consultancy to the client for an engagement.
“The Client” means the person, firm or corporate body looking to employ or otherwise engage the services of the candidate.
“Engagement” means the appointment of a candidate to perform services for the client.
“Introduction Fee” means the charge made by the consultancy pursuant to the engagement.
“Remuneration” means emoluments payable or recoverable by the candidate pursuant to the engagement which form the annual gross taxable pay including (without limitation) any equity state in the client, shift allowance, guarantee, bonus, location weighting, on-call allowance and any other retainer.
The conditions made between the consultancy and the client are accepted by the client by the virtue of an interview with the candidate or the engagement of a candidate howsoever introduced by the consultancy within a period of 12 months from the date of introduction.
a) No variation of these terms is valid or shall be binding on Cria Talent Ltd unless confirmed in writing with the authority of the director.
b) All accounts and charges are payable within 14 days from receipt of invoice and payment should be made to: Cria Talent Ltd, Number One, Vicarage Lane, Stratford, London E15 4HF
Receipt of invoice shall be deemed to be two days after the date shown on invoice.
c) VAT is payable at the prevailing rate.
d) Cria Talent Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on all invoices raised from the date of invoice until the date of payment at the rate of 10% per calender month or part thereof.
e) Cria Talent Ltd accept no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, cost or expenses, howsoever caused, which the client may suffer or for which the client may become liable arising out of or in connection with or as a result of the introduction to the client or the engagement by the client of a candidate.
f) By agreeing to engage or make use of a candidate introduced by Cria Talent Ltd the client will be liable for the appropriate introduction fee.
g) The client shall notify Cria Talent Ltd immediately a candidate introduced by Cria Talent Ltd is engaged.
h) The client is responsible for the taking up of references as to the candidates qualifications, capabilities, integrity, medical history and suitability to meet the job specification. It is also the clients responsibility to obtain a work permit for the candidate wherever necessary.
Calculations and Payment of fees for Permanent engagement
1. The introduction fee is calculated as a percentage of the first years remuneration notwithstanding that the engagement may be terminated during that period.
2. Total first years remuneration includes all emoluments and benefits that form part of the Gross Taxable Pay and the percentage fee payable is that which relates to the charge band in which the first years remuneration falls, subject to the minimum fees stated. Where a car is provided the sum of £5,000 will be added to the first year’s remuneration.
3. Minimum Introduction Fees: A minimum fee of £2,500 + VAT is chargeable. Where commission, bonus, or similar payments form the whole or major part of the emoluments, a minimum introduction fee of £2,500 + VAT or an introduction fee as per the scale below is chargeable, whichever is the higher.
4. The introduction fee is payable upon commencement of the candidates engagement.
5. The introduction fee will be in accordance with the following scale:
Up to £19,999 12.5%
£20,000 – £29,999 15%
£30,000 – £49,999 17.5%
£50,000 – £74,999 20%
If an engagement with the client is lawfully terminated for any reason other than redundancy within the period specified which excludes any trial period (if applicable), and provided that the introduction fee has been paid within the 14 days of the invoice date and notification of termination is received within the 7 days, the following rebate scale will apply:
0 – 4 weeks 100% (or free replacement candidate)
4 – 6 weeks 75%
6 – 8 weeks 50%
8 – 12 weeks 25%
After 12 weeks no further rebate will apply
1. Any notice given under or pursuant to the conditions may be sent by pre-paid post or to be transmitted by email to the address of the party shown in the conditions, or such other address as the party may be given notice to the other have subsequently substituted, and such notice shall be deemed effectively given two days after the day of posting or if delivered by hand or by email at the time that it would first be received by the addressee in normal business hours.
2. No modification of the conditions shall be effective unless made by express written agreement between the parties. The signing by the consultancy of any of the clients documentation shall not imply any modification of conditions.
3. The conditions shall be governed in accordance with English law.
4. Cria Talent Ltd reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of business in respect of any legislative changes that affect the supply of our services.